This article is a guide for getting started with PARA, an organizational system for your digital life.
Here’s the 5-step process I recommend you follow:
- Step 1: Move existing files to a new folder called “Archive [date]” (with today’s date)
- Step 2: Create folders for each of your current projects
- Step 3: Move all the project folders into a new folder called “Projects”
- Step 4: Create a new “Archives” folder and move the existing one into it
- Step 5: Create new folders only if and when you need them
To read this story, become a Praxis member.
Members get access to:
- 1–3 exclusive articles per month, written or curated by Tiago Forte of Forte Labs
- Members-only comments and responses
- Early access to new online courses, ebooks, and events
- A monthly Town Hall, hosted by Tiago and conducted via live videoconference, which can include open discussions, hands-on tutorials, guest interviews, or online workshops on productivity-related topics
Click here to learn more about what's included in a Praxis membership.
Already a member? Sign in here.